Legal Question in Consumer Law in Massachusetts

I paid $3000 to a place called best rate finance group to help with my mortgage they told me to stop paying my monthly payment it was being taken care of come to find out they took my money but didn't deliver now I'm six months behind on my mortgage payments what can I do

Asked on 11/06/15, 5:11 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jed Berliner L J Berliner

Very likely the $3,000 is gone, although on occasion a lawyer can make a demand for a successful refund.

You need to see a lawyer NOW to discuss (1) a ch 13 bankruptcy and (2) a possible modification.


Jed Berliner, Lawyer

35 Years' Experience

I Help Families in Debt.

Student Loans; Bankruptcy Protections

Credit Card Defenses; Debt Collector Harassment

Wrongful Repossessions; Foreclosure Defenses; Mortgage Modifications

1441 Main Street (TD Bank Center), Suite 601, Springfield, MA 01103; (413) 788-9877

428 Pakachoag Street, Auburn, MA 01501; (508) 407-8780

toll-free (877) 788-9877; facsimile (413) 746-9877

Co-chair, National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, Massachusetts Chapter

Founding member of Bankruptcy Law Network, comprehensive information at

Filtered link for my writings:

Read more
Answered on 11/06/15, 7:08 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Consumer Law questions and answers in Massachusetts