Legal Question in Family Law in Massachusetts


My son's girlfriend died in the hospital one day after giving birth to their baby. The birth certificate was never signed and consequently not filed. My son had a DNA test to take physical custody of the baby but we need legal custody. What should we do. The baby has no health insurance.

Asked on 8/27/01, 3:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alan Pransky Law Office of Alan J. Pransky

Re: Custody

If the DNA test proves that your son is the father, then he doesn't need anything else. He is the father. If no birth certificate has issued, he can file a law suit to compel the issuance of the birth certificate.

Read more
Answered on 9/05/01, 9:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Massachusetts