Legal Question in Criminal Law in Minnesota

In March of 2013 my vechile was taken my the county police and held in impound due to it being involved in a crime. It's not been over a year and three months and finally things are over but I cannot get an answer from my lawyer or the DA if I will get my vechile back. Thing is, which is my main point, I was never given any paper work for the seizure of my vechile.

What are my options, if any, that I have on this situation?


Asked on 6/20/14, 8:31 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Further detail would need to be known. Personal property may be held for various reasons. Generally if there is a reasonable issue as to the return of certain personal property to the owner, the matter may be addressed in the court. I urge you to change attorneys if you are disatisifed with your present attorney. Tricia Dwyer Esq Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC phone 612-296-9666

Read more
Answered on 6/20/14, 9:48 am
J. Chris Carpenter Chesley Kroon Chambers and Harvey

I don’t understand why your lawyer isn’t helping you. That’s the first step…. Camp out at the lawyer’s office. (But, if your lawyer was a public defender they might not help with these things).

I need to know more about your situation.

Were you charged with a crime involving the vehicle? Was the vehicle involved in a crime committed by someone else?

Has the criminal matter been resolved yet?

Did the county ever start a forfeiture proceeding?


Herbert C. Kroon

Chesley, Kroon, Harvey & Carpenter

75 Teton Lane

Mankato, MN 56001


Read more
Answered on 6/20/14, 11:47 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in Minnesota