Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

I turned in paperwork to Establish custody/parenting time with the courts & all other needed documents. I recently received a letter stating that I was needing to turn in default documents ( there are no forms called "default documents"). So I spoke with court admin & they said due to the other party not responding ( even though there is no paperwork for them to respond to) and the court no longer automatically sets up a ICMC. I have also spoke with the law library and they were not sure what was needed to be done due to procedure recently changing. I am supposed to respond within 30 days from 1/23/17. I have no idea on what I need to do next.

Asked on 2/03/17, 10:47 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Hello. I suggest you have a formal legal consultation with a qualified & well exp'd att'y at this time. I urge you choose one who is an active member of the MN State Bar Assn. Family Law Section of attorney prof'ls. Know that a subset of us will assist clients in a limited manner - this sort of help has a term, 'limited scope legal...', 'unbundled legal...'. If you reside in a somewhat remote part of MN know that a very few of us routinely make special arrangements to provide att'y counsel to such folks. Do beware 'free advice'.

Read more
Answered on 2/04/17, 5:12 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota