Legal Question in Family Law in Minnesota

After almost two years of working up the nreve to go after my son's father for child support, who I currently have a no cantacr order against, I find out he doesn't have a job and receives ssi, which personally I don't think he should receive he is perfectly fine to find a job and work it. As far as courts go we have absolutely nothing in courts. I have been nice enough to allow his father to see his son every wednesday night to thursday morning and every other wednesday thru sunday. So I guess my question is, is there any way of getting any child support from him? And I really want to change the visitation to every other weekend. In doing that I feel like I am going to need to lawyer up and be ready to go to court.

Asked on 10/10/14, 5:55 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

As to parenting time, I suggest you confer privately with an experienced attorney at this time so she may advise you and assist you. As to child support, I suggest you simply speak with the local child support authority as a starting point. If you are alleging that there is some variant of welfare fraud involved, I suggest you report the matter to the appropriate authority and provide any concrete documentation you have such as photo or video evidence. Tricia Dwyer Esq MN Family Law Attorneys ph 612-296-9666

Read more
Answered on 10/11/14, 10:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Minnesota