Legal Question in Family Law in Mississippi

What can I do if my husband refuses to sign divorce papers?

I'm a teacher and we have no kids from this marriage. Last year, we purchased a house. The marriage is terrible and I've already spent my last few dollars on getting divorce papers drawn up. At first he said he would sign them, however now he says that unless I give him $13,000 (which I don't have). Otherwise, we'll be roommates and he can do whatever he wants. I work in the area and have no family here. I'm willing to give him the house and everything in it but he won't sign it. There is no reason for him to stay besides money. There are no feelings involved and he's probably already dating other women. How can I get out of this?

Asked on 4/26/16, 8:52 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Anders Ferrington Anders Ferrington PLLC

If he refuses to sign, then your option is to move forward with a fault based divorce. The home is certainly marital property. Other assets will have to be divided as well. I suggest you consult with an attorney. I know myself and others offer free consutlations

Read more
Answered on 4/26/16, 10:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Mississippi