Legal Question in Family Law in New Hampshire


I was the victim of a set up that resulted in my losing custody of my children. My husband and sister had an affair four years ago. A child out of wedlock resulted. My sister since has been stalking my family. She co-erced her underage daughter to coerce my underage daughter to follow me around purposely upset me then video tape my reaction. At the very same time my 8 year old son started HITTING me on a daily basis. I didnt recognize my own son 😥. My husband was also acting extremely strange. Taking off. Screaming at me; verbally and emotionally abusing me right in front of my children. Come to find out my husband was TELLING my son to do that to me. He was teaching his own son to BEAT on his mother. To video tape my reactions. DCYF showed up at the door one day and removed my almost SEVENTEEN year old son. My 12 year old daughter who suffers from JRA. My 15 year old daughter and my 8 year old son. It says right in the DCYF report that “Elizabeth Repurto” (my sister) emailed my Social Worker with a Video tape she got from her daughter, my niece, of me screaming at my husband. I was told I had to LEAVE my home by the Social Worker. My husband went RIGHT along with it. I moved into a hotel. Shattered. My entire world fallen apart. Well, come to find out, I was never Court ordered to leave my home. But my husband PRETENDED I was. He and my sister obviously set me up together to do this. My children are in the foster system 😥. I’m alone in a Hotel after TWENTY YEARS of marriage and SIX children. What Legal Recourse do I have against my sister for obtaining the video tape from a MINOR then sending it directly to my Social Worker? And my husband? They are trying to take my CHILDREN away from me. All from a video tape they plotted for MONTHS to capture. I’m a housewife. I was making a HOME for my children and husband when this happened. My kids and I are displaced in the world now.

Asked on 10/03/17, 12:30 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

John Skinner, III Associated Attorneys of New England

My firm can certainly assist you in your efforts to clear your name and regain custody. Although we do offer a variety of fee agreements and payment arrangements, this case appears to be best suited to standard retainer/hourly billing due to the complexities involved. Our rates range from $95/hour to $295/hr. Please be in touch for a free consultation if you are interested in working with our firm.

Read more
Answered on 10/03/17, 12:40 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New Hampshire