Legal Question in Immigration Law in New Jersey

i am a us citizen. i have an approved i-130 application for my mother. she just arrived under b2 visa. can i file i-485 for her while she is here? do i need to wait 60 days before applying?

Asked on 6/02/16, 11:19 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

If you were a client of mine, I would not file your mother's adjustment of status until she had been in the U.S. at least 60 days. Otherwise, you face a potential denial based on preconceived intent.It's always better to just wait.

Read more
Answered on 6/03/16, 12:37 pm
Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC

Please call us at (212) 968-8600. Kind regards, RDM

Read more
Answered on 6/09/16, 11:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New Jersey