Legal Question in Personal Injury in New Jersey

My son was hit by a car while riding his bike. (He is 17.) There was a stop sign for the car but the driver disregarded it. My son was not severly injured, but was taken to a hospital and suffered contusions to his leg and arm. He limped around for 8 days. He did attend school during this time. The medical bills were paid by MY car insurance company. I would like to ask for a monetary judgement for pain and suffering for 8 days, and a minor co-pay for a follow-up visit to his pediatrician. Do I need a lawyer or is this a case for small claims court? I have no idea how much to ask for pain and suffering. Thank you.

Asked on 6/03/10, 2:21 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Robert Davies The Davies Law Firm, P.A.

You and your son should speak with an attorney, and get some advice.

I know a very, very good attorney who does this kind of work. Call me, I am happy to put you in touch with him. 201 820 3460

Read more
Answered on 6/04/10, 6:30 am
Amy Klauber Klauber & Klauber, LLP

You should definately speak with an attorney. Please call me at 732-663-1500. We have many years of experience in handling persoanl injury cases and are very knowledgable in this area.

i look forward to speaking with you.

Read more
Answered on 6/04/10, 8:26 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New Jersey