Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

My boyfriend owns the house that we currently live in. I have helped pay for renovations over the last two years and currently pay half of all house expenses (loan, taxes, utilities, etc). My question is...How do we go about adding my name to the deed, even with a home improvement loan on the house?

Asked on 1/20/20, 9:19 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

A new deed adding you must be filed with the County Clerk.

Read more
Answered on 1/20/20, 10:16 am
Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Has your boyfriend agreed to this arrangement? A deed to real property is an important document. It will not be expensive to have a new deed prepared, unless there are other issues which come up. I do not suggest trying to do this yourself.

Read more
Answered on 1/27/20, 7:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York