Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

Good morning, last year my mom passed away leaving behind a town house fully paid off, no mortgage, she left no will, just me and my sister exist, since her passing i have kept up the monthly maintenance bills, water, electric school and roperty taxes, home is in good standing. me and my sister agreed to put the home in my name only and i would conpensate her later between us, how do we get the ball moving on this situation..thanks property is in dutchess county nys

Asked on 4/19/22, 5:12 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Your mother's Estate must go to Probate in Dutches County. I can help.

Read more
Answered on 4/19/22, 5:15 am
Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Please accept my condolences on the loss of your mom.

You'll need to go through the estate administration process at the Surrogate's Court in the county where mom lived when she died. You can find all the forms and instructions online; you may be able to complete them yourself, or hire a lawyer to complete the process for you and your sister.

Once again, please accept my condolences on the loss of your mom.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/21/22, 5:55 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York