Legal Question in Criminal Law in North Carolina

My son-in-law diverted funds from our business account to another business that he owned without my knowledge. What can be done?

Asked on 1/05/18, 11:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Amanda Houser The Houser Law Firm, P.C.

Unless he had authority or permission to make the transfer then likely he took something that did not belong to him (commonly known as stealing) which is a crime. When someone commits a crime, you typically call local law enforcement or go to a magistrate and swear out a warrant yourself. However, since this involves quasi family you may want to handle the situation in house.

Read more
Answered on 1/06/18, 7:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in North Carolina