Legal Question in Workers Comp in Pennsylvania

Injured on 3/2/12 on the job. Reported it immidately and coworker witnessed. Had to have surgery 3/23/12 to repair Left Dystal Bicep tear (full). Doctor wants me off 6-8 weeks due to nature of job (Maintenance). Company worker's comp insurer is stating that in order for me to receive lost wages I must remain off a minimum of 14 days and will only receive 60% of my pay. I make (before taxes) 586.00 per week. Have seen different information on the Dept of Labor website. Are they lying to me about my possible benefit amount?

Asked on 3/27/12, 4:41 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Richard Senker Senker Law Office

How much you get from work comp is calculated by a formula. Ask the insurance representative to see your "Statement of Wages", the standardized form they use to figure out how much you should get (generally, 2/3 of your gross weekly pay). Feel free to call if you have any questions.

Richard Senker 1 866 AUTOCRASH (toll free)

Read more
Answered on 3/27/12, 5:07 pm
Howard Rovner Howard Rovner Esq. - Call: 215 820 9149

I specialize in worker's compensation. Please check out my site and call me for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 3/27/12, 6:52 pm
Domenic Bellisario Law Office of Domenic A. Bellisario

After 7 days missed wage loss at 2/3 becomes payable. After 14 days missed the first week must be paid for also. I handle a lot of work comp cases. Call for a free consultation. Domenic Bellisario (800) 433-9700 or (412) 471-6463.

Read more
Answered on 3/28/12, 5:11 am
Drew Quinones Drew Quinones, P.C.

Call me to discuss your options. The information you have been given from the insurance company is not correct.


Read more
Answered on 3/25/13, 11:37 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Pennsylvania