Legal Question in Family Law in Pennsylvania

My ex is almost $8k in arrears. Domestic Relations is involved, a bench warrant has been issued and a drivers license suspension submitted. The deft has made it clear that he has no intentions or interest in paying child support. What other options do I have?

Asked on 12/01/11, 8:43 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Andrew Solomon Law Office of Andrew A. Solomon

The ultimate sanction is to have a lawyer file a contmpt petition against him, which could result in him going to jail, unitl he makes payments. Also, non-payment of child support is one of the few instances in PA where you can have his wages garnished. You need a good agressive lawyer who has experience in these kinds of cases.

Read more
Answered on 12/02/11, 6:07 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Pennsylvania