Legal Question in Family Law in Puerto Rico

ma parents have been divorced for 6 years, 5 of which my dad has lived in the house right across from my mothers. He's constantly harrassing my mother and the few people who come to visit, even threatening against our lives. He goes to my mothers place of work and does the same thing, even stalking her coworkers. He's diagnosed with skitzofrenia and bipolar disorder and uses it as an excuse for his behavior. He's acts aggravate my mom constantly and worsen her already delicate heart condition. Is there any legal way we can make him move??

Asked on 4/18/10, 2:15 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Luis Antonio Marrero Aviles Luis Antonio Marrero Aviles

Theres a delicate question, because the court can't make him move, but you can make couples of things to protect yourself and your family. You didn't mention your age, but if you are under 21 you can ask for a 177 Law Restrain Order, (This order protect minors), your mother can ask for a 54 Law Restrain Order. As you know the orders didn't protect people, but police have to obey them and arrest him.

Although you can start protecting yourself like taking boxing clases, firearms, etc. Its your life, its your choice.

If you need further assistance call us.

This response is based in the information give it by the question and don't pretend to sustitude the legal counseling by an attorney at law.

Read more
Answered on 4/18/10, 5:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Puerto Rico