Legal Question in Banking Law in Texas

I was a customer at a Bank that now I owe over $500 to. I went to the Bank and asked them to stop payment on checks that kept bouncing, they refused and said the company has the right to run them as much as they would like. I was getting paid bi-weekly and so when my check would go in it would be gone the same day. I could barely pay bills and i was giving the bank so much money in NSF fees. I finally changed banks and now I have to go to court on the matter. I was wondering if I need a lawyer and if I should get the statements from the bank as proof of the money I gave the bank for a couple of months time.

Asked on 3/23/12, 11:19 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark Dunn Mark D. Dunn

A lawyer would help, if you can afford one.

If not, you can represent yourself. DEMAND A JURY. It will cost about $20. Let's see what a jury thinks about a bank hitting you with excess charges over and over.

And yes, get statements from the bank.

Read more
Answered on 3/24/12, 8:27 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Banking Law questions and answers in Texas