Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in India

My grandfather having flat in pune state bank nagar society and i'm staying there with my friend. I am not collecting any rent from friend. Society have the rule that they don't allow bachelors tenets in the society. But i'm owner of the flat not a tenets. Secretary forcing me not to keep friend with me. Is there any law which can help me in this problem. Is this case come under sub-letting?

Asked on 9/10/13, 7:15 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Jayesh Desai Jayesh Desai
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Society's action is arbitrary and illegal - they cannot force you out from the flat - nor they can demand that your 'guest' be not permitted to stay with you.

You can challenge their action in a Cooperative Court.

Read more
Answered on 9/10/13, 8:29 am
KarVai Legal Solutions Rajiv Gupta 9811284735 Ch.No: 359, Western Wing, Tis Hazari, Delhi
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

if you are the owner, the society cannot object.

Thanks and Regards

Adv. Rajiv

Read more
Answered on 9/10/13, 8:43 am
Fca Prashant Chavan Expert Edge LLP
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Dear Sir / Madam,

The Society or for that matter the Secretary cannot issue the "diktat" what you should be doing and what you should not be doing in your flat. NO. It is not a case of sub-letting since you are residing in the flat.


Read more
Answered on 9/10/13, 9:33 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in India

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Landlord & Tenants Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now