Arizona  |  Family Law

If I filed a foreign judgment to move my parenting time and child support to Arizona from Illinois because both of us reside here in Arizona and she has currently been served with the paperworks. I have been paying her child support directly per our arrangement in Illinois where our case resides. Should I keep paying until our hearing here in Arizona or hold off until we go to our hearing and pay the support through the court system here in Arizona. Please advise

Answered on: 8/23/13, 8:45 am by Carlie Owsley Walker

I recommend you continue to meet your support obligation in Illinois because you do not want to create an issue with the department of economic securitie's counterpart in Illinois. If you have any more questions regarding your case, please contact The Owsley Law Firm, PLLC for a free thirty minute consultation. (623)-748-8973.

The Owsley Law Firm, PLLC 12725 West Indian School Road Suite C105 Avondale, AZ 85392