California  |  Criminal Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 8/12/13, 10:11 am

My boyfriend is currently in prison in Arizona and has a vehicular manslaughter charge here in california. How much time can he get for that?

1 Answer

Answered on: 8/12/13, 11:24 am by Anthony Roach

What specific sections of the Penal Code is he being charged with? The reason I ask this is because there are several different ways he could be charged, such as Penal Code sections 192, subd. (c), 191.5 subd. (a) or (b), or even Second Degree Murder pursuant to a case called People v. Watson (1981) 30 Cal.3d 290.

It would help for an attorney to look at the charging document to know because there may be enhancements alleged or not alleged which would affect the sentence.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Law Office of Anthony A. Roach 9909 Topanga Canyon, Ste.313 Chatsworth, CA 91311

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

81 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search