Legal Question in Criminal Law in California

Hello, I am in California, if I need to file a motion to restore 2nd amendment rights from a non-violent felony that has already been exponged more than 10 years ago, do I need to file it at the court that originally convicted me, or can I file it at a local court? thanks

Asked on 3/20/13, 2:01 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Sorry, dream on. Felony conviction results in lifetime ban on firearms and ammunition under both state and federal law. Expungement does not change that. Nothing will, except a full and specific Governor's Pardon. There have been only a handful of such pardons in the last decade, and only for extraordinary circumstances such as proof of actual innocence of the crime, not 'I want it'.

Read more
Answered on 3/20/13, 2:41 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Criminal Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now