Legal Question in DUI Law in California

i got a dui in California and have payed off all of my fines, and have completed all of my community service.I went to Montana to take care of my ill father over the winter. while i was there i took a dui substance abuse act program witch i completed, but failed the U.A for marijuana. i have a prescription for it in California.does that pass over

Asked on 5/04/13, 6:14 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Jacob Kiani Law Office of Jacob I. Kiani
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

What do you mean by pass over?

Read more
Answered on 5/04/13, 10:03 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

"Pass over"??

Nice try.

CA has an actual official medical marijuana card issued upon doctor’s certification of medical need. Local ‘dispensaries’ will sell you a card, which is not CA official, but both are frequently accepted by local police to avoid an arrest for small possession. It is a Politically Correct fiction in California only, not honored or binding upon federal law enforcement or courts, or in any other state.

Read more
Answered on 5/07/13, 12:34 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Drunk Driving & DUI Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now