Legal Question in Employment Law in California

I was fired only days after I asked to be paid for work furing off hours. This was for over an hour a night and even on my days off for over 6 months. First I was demonted and then fired yesterday in the same day. I have not received my W2 or my last paycheck. I was told if I brougth issues that the employees had to the attention of the manager I would not receive any retaliation - in front of the HR person too. The other employees are now afraid they will be fired too. I am in California.

Depending on the specific facts of your particular situation, you may have a case for wrongful termination. I have represented clients who were retaliated against for making similar requests. Feel free to call me at Eisenberg & Associates, where I am an attorney, at 213-201-9331 for a free consultation.

Arkady Itkin Law Office of Arkady Itkin

Hello,

It sounds like you may have been terminated for unlawful and retaliatory reasons, because it is against the law to terminate an employee who complaints about wage/labor code violations, but more facts are needed to determine this. Free to contact us at (415) 640-6765 to discuss your termination.

Thanks,

Arkady Itkin

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms