California  |  Employment Law

I was fired only days after I asked to be paid for work furing off hours. This was for over an hour a night and even on my days off for over 6 months. First I was demonted and then fired yesterday in the same day. I have not received my W2 or my last paycheck. I was told if I brougth issues that the employees had to the attention of the manager I would not receive any retaliation - in front of the HR person too. The other employees are now afraid they will be fired too. I am in California.

Answered on: 2/04/13, 1:54 pm by Tuvia Korobkin

Depending on the specific facts of your particular situation, you may have a case for wrongful termination. I have represented clients who were retaliated against for making similar requests. Feel free to call me at Eisenberg & Associates, where I am an attorney, at 213-201-9331 for a free consultation.

Attorney address not available

Answered on: 2/04/13, 5:36 pm by Arkady Itkin

Hello,

It sounds like you may have been terminated for unlawful and retaliatory reasons, because it is against the law to terminate an employee who complaints about wage/labor code violations, but more facts are needed to determine this. Free to contact us at (415) 640-6765 to discuss your termination.

Thanks,

Arkady Itkin

The Law Office of Arkady Itkin 100 Pine Street, Suite 1250 San Francisco, CA 94111