Legal Question in Employment Law in California

I have read about the California Labor Code Section 2922 regarding at-will employment unless the contract has a specified length of time.

Since school faculty and staff often sign 10-month contracts (for the academic year) that are usually up for renewal each year, is it correct to assume they don't fall under the "at-will" principle?

If a contract is signed, but then the employee quits the job right before the school year starts, or even a couple of weeks into the school year, will he/she be accused of breach of contract and be at risk of legal action?

John Laurie Gertz and Laurie

I would want to see a copy of the contract. I would also want to know if you are part of a union. If you are part of a union then your union rep would know the answer. I see you are local. If you are looking to have an attorney review this contract you can call my office at 818 345-0123

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA