Legal Question in Employment Law in California

I'm on suspension with pay without due process. Can I sue my employer for emotional damages

Asked on 7/12/13, 7:44 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Charles Perry Law Offices of Charles R. Perry
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Employers can suspend employees without pay. They also need not follow any particular process when doing so, absent a contractual obligation to do so (like a collective bargaining agreement, for instance).

I see nothing in your question that would give you grounds for a claim against your employer.

Read more
Answered on 7/12/13, 11:09 pm
Terry A. Nelson Nelson & Lawless
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed


Read more
Answered on 7/15/13, 1:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in California

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

89033 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Labor and Employment Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Timothy McCormickLibris Solutions - Dispute Resolution ServicesSan Francisco, CA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now