California  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

Hi I'm not on the lease & don't pay much rent but my girlfriend decided to give her thirty day notice to the apts what does this mean for me when the thirty days up? She hasn't given me a thirty day notice personally but she did tell me that she put hers in. I don't have anywhere to go, so I want to know what to expect when the thirty days r up. Thanks for any advice!

Answered on: 7/29/13, 2:19 am by Kelvin Green

It really means you will be moving out when she does... Don't make it difficult, youndontvwant the added grief of an unlawful detainer procedure and all the damages and costs you would incur. You have 30 days to figure out where you will be living

The Law Office of Kelvin Green . California Bar #286285, CA ..

Answered on: 7/29/13, 2:18 pm by Timothy McCormick

You would become a squatter and trespasser once the lease is up and she leaves. Follow Mr. Green's advice.

Libris Solutions - Dispute Resolution Services 201 Spear St., Suite 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105