Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Florida

my acct was levied for a debt that I knew nothing of. I called the collection agency and requested proof and the man there sd I should have asked that before they got the levy. I explained I did not get any info to the so called acct and he basically called me a liar, and sd he did not have any info and he did not have to give it to me..I closed the acct and recently opened a new one and again they took the money. I have a copy of the court order but cannot get any info on the plaintiff and they also have the last four digits of my social wrong. how does a bank send the money when it doesn't match. They also list 4 other banks not in my state fl but in nj and they are to be levied next. What does this mean as I don't have any accts in any of the banks listed, and I am on social security disability

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Hire a lawyer to investigate.

Angelo Marino Angelo Marino Jr. PA

The question is whether you ever were served with the complaint and received notice of the judgment. I suggest you go to the court house to see the file and see if you were ever served with the complaint. If you were not--or not one in your family or household over the age of 15-- then you have a good chance to set the whole judgment aside. About 20% of the case I handle are cases in which the collection agency never obtained service but nevertheless obtained a judgment. First see if you were served, and if not, copy the whole file and see a consumer lawyer. See www.ConsumerLawyerHelp.com for help. You need to act diligently or the court may not set the judgment aside.

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Florida

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms