Florida  |  Credit and Debt Law

my acct was levied for a debt that I knew nothing of. I called the collection agency and requested proof and the man there sd I should have asked that before they got the levy. I explained I did not get any info to the so called acct and he basically called me a liar, and sd he did not have any info and he did not have to give it to me..I closed the acct and recently opened a new one and again they took the money. I have a copy of the court order but cannot get any info on the plaintiff and they also have the last four digits of my social wrong. how does a bank send the money when it doesn't match. They also list 4 other banks not in my state fl but in nj and they are to be levied next. What does this mean as I don't have any accts in any of the banks listed, and I am on social security disability

Answered on: 9/24/13, 2:41 pm by David Slater

Hire a lawyer to investigate.

David P. Slater, Esq. 5154 Windsor Parke Dr. Boca Raton, FL 33496

Answered on: 9/24/13, 2:50 pm by Angelo Marino

The question is whether you ever were served with the complaint and received notice of the judgment. I suggest you go to the court house to see the file and see if you were ever served with the complaint. If you were not--or not one in your family or household over the age of 15-- then you have a good chance to set the whole judgment aside. About 20% of the case I handle are cases in which the collection agency never obtained service but nevertheless obtained a judgment. First see if you were served, and if not, copy the whole file and see a consumer lawyer. See www.ConsumerLawyerHelp.com for help. You need to act diligently or the court may not set the judgment aside.

Angelo Marino Jr. PA 645 SE 5 Terrace Ft Lauderdale, 33301