Legal Question in Family Law in Florida

changing last name

Was not married when son was born was given ftr last name with hypen- mtrs last name. Would like last name changed to only ftrs last name

Asked on 5/04/07, 11:48 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

florence hessen florence f. hessen,esq
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: changing last name


If you want to make it formal this requires a request to the court which when granted will result in an order with directions to change the last name. Otherwise, the law on this subject is that a party can use any name of their chosing provided it is not done for fraudulent purposes.

Good Luck

Read more
Answered on 5/04/07, 12:05 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now