Florida  |  Immigration Law

I am a US citizen and my question is which of the following options is better?

I already applied for a green card for my parents and the expected day of receiving their residency is January/February 2012 timeframe. After they become legal residents can they apply for a green card for their 2 daughters (which are my sisters)? Or is it easier if I apply for my sisters directly.

Which way would be faster and easier.

Answered on: 12/01/11, 3:43 pm by Latangie Williams

It will be faster for your parents to apply for their daughters. Your can do so while they are greencard holders or if either of your parents naturalize to become US citizens. Another thing to consider are your sisters' ages and their marital statuses. They wait is shorter if your sisters are under 21 and are unmarried. If you apply for your sisters, they will be placed in the 4th preference category; and currently the wait in that category is over 10 years.

For more information, please contact my office at 904-576-2581.

Law Office of Latangie Williams, P.A. 10151 Deerwood Park Blvd, Bldg 200, Ste 250 Jacksonville, FL 32256