Florida  |  Insurance Law

My neighbor hit my car as it was parked in front of my home. His car caused considerable damage to my vehicle. He showed an expired insurance card to the traffic officers as they were writing an accident report. The officers told me that they can not do anything as the accident already happened and wrote an accident report even if the other driver was driving unlawfully without insurance.

I took the car to collision centers to get different estimates as the guy told me that he will pay for the damage. However when I showed him the estimates he told me that he can not pay for the damages he caused. He has told too many lies so far and now he wants to arrange a personal "payment plan" with me. I definitely do not trust him and I absolutely want him to face criminal charges . What steps should I take?