Legal Question in Insurance Law in Florida

At one time when my ex-girlfriend and I broke up I stopped her insurance policy under my name. She in-turn called MetLife and started her own policy back in feb 2012. I found out recently when I stopped my own policy that MetLife (using the term "spin-off") was billing me for the entire duration of her insurance policy with the company. For the past two months I have been on contact with them about getting a refund of some sort. They payroll deducted me from my employer for her insurance premiums without my knowledge using this term "spin-off". At first this issue was "overlooked" for a few weeks (about 3 wks to a month). As of today they say that. This issue is still under investigation and they are going to send my ex-girlfriend the bill. Is it illegal for this corporation to payroll deduct me for another persons insurance when I clearly called in and canceled her from my policy? I got no notice, nor did I sign any type of authorization for them (MetLife) to deduct me. Is there anything I can do in this matter?

Asked on 9/04/13, 10:30 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

1. No. Hope you did it in writing.

2. Sue for reimbursement.

Read more
Answered on 9/04/13, 10:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in Florida

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Insurance Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now