Florida  |  Landlord & Tenant Law

We are trying to do an eviction at a condo and I'm worried about the 3day notice we served. There are two adults living there but only one named on the notice, only first initial then last name. There is no written lease. The other adult was never authorized to be there, but nothing was done about it, and that adult brought like 5 or 6 kids in there with her. Now we're trying to evict for nonpayment of rent. When we go to file the complaint do I still only list the authorized tenant? Or do I have to serve another 3day notice with both names. This is in Miami, FL area.

Answered on: 5/09/13, 1:52 pm by David Slater

No, you must list all known names and John or Jane Doe for each and every other.

David P. Slater, Esq. 5154 Windsor Parke Dr. Boca Raton, FL 33496

Answered on: 5/09/13, 1:53 pm by Barry Stein

You need to list all adults at the premises since you dont have a written lease limiting who has possession.

De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary 25 SE 2nd Avenue Suite 425 Miami, FL 33131