Florida  |  Personal Injury

if my chiroprator says that I have to have therapy once a week for the rest of my life,how is that edtimated in my settlement-is this money going towards the medical part of the person at fault insurance or is this something they add up and award me in a settlement,help me make sense of this,thanks.

Answered on: 8/29/12, 6:00 am by Barry Stein

First, any doctor who says you need therapy once a week for the rest of your life, I would question as this makes no sense. Second, the value of medicals in a personal injury case are lumped together and reduced to present value to determine what the lump sum value is as of the date of settlement. To settle those sums are reduced and compromises are reached. Third, if you have an attorney speak to them about this and if you dont have an attorney, get one.

De Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & Zachary 25 SE 2nd Avenue Suite 425 Miami, FL 33131