Legal Question in Legal Malpractice in Illinois

If someone that works for you suing you, And I do not have Workmen's Comp. what type of penalty is that?

Asked on 9/09/13, 3:48 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Nima Taradji Taradji Law Offices
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

If an employee was injured in the course of his employment and the employer did not provide worker's compensation as required by law, then the employer may be sued in circuit court and liability will be presumed--that is the employer is responsible for the payment of all medical treatment, wage loss, any future necessary medical treatment, any disability pay and all other damages the employee would have otherwise been entitled to had the employer gotten proper insurance.

I hope this helps-

Read more
Answered on 9/09/13, 4:20 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Legal Malpractice Law questions and answers in Illinois

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now