Michigan  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 3/23/11, 8:42 am

My fiance just recently got divorced. The friend of the court just served him papers saying he owes 4,500 dollars in backed child support from feburary 2010 thru april 2010, but his child support hearing wasnt until April 2010 and the set child support amount was only 800 a month. Should we owe that money or do we fight it in court?

1 Answer

Answered on: 3/23/11, 10:31 am by Miles Murphy

It would not be the first time FOC, or any other government run organization, has made mistakes. I would recommend talking with an attorney who offers a free initial consultation to discuss the specifics and provide options. If you are in the West Michigan area please feel free to call my office and set up a no charge consultation.


Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Plachta, Murphy & Associates, P.C. 124 E Fulton, Ste 100 Grand Rapids, MI 49503

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search