Legal Question in Workers Comp in Michigan

while working approx: 2 years ago I fell down a flight of about 5 steps landing hard on my rear end. while falling i pulled of 2 handrails. there was another person there that saw this fall. the next day i went to a chiropractorfor my back and subsequently saw him 9 more times. when i had seen him the last time, my back was still having small issues that i thought might go away on there own. no x-rays were taken! following this and approx: 3 month later i had to go see another doctor for my back. another few month later went by and i had to see my family physision over the same problem. a MRI was taken and two of my discs in my lower back were found to be compressed. i believe this was all do the the fall. i am still having problems with this issue and my question is, if this continues, would this be reason for workmans comp. thank you for your time, ED

William Stern William Stern, P.C.

You don't get workers' comp unless you are off work and experiencing a wage loss. It sounds like you will continue working so you will not get workers' comp. If you stop working due to the injury, then you may get workers' comp if you prove the compression fractures are responsible for your disability.

More Workers' Compensation Law questions and answers in Michigan

Workers' Compensation Law Legal Forms