Minnesota  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/03/13, 2:15 pm

my sons mother has not seen him for 14 months and has just resurfaced . what are my legal rights do i have to let her see him?

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/03/13, 3:02 pm by Tricia Dwyer

Hello. Your post raises many questions that need to be answered in order to provide you with legal advice and specific guidance for your situation. The concern is what is the best interest of your son. Any existing court order is critically important. The circumstances as to the mother's disappearance matter. The child's wishes, in relation to his age, are important. Your views and thoughts need to be known. Any criminal issues, past or present, matter. Chemical dependency, including alcohol usage and legally prescribed drugs is relevant. A history of domestic abuse of some sort is important to know. The aforementioned matters are but some of the concerns. I urge you to seek private legal counsel. In my many years of professional experience, the situation you are describing is not uncommon. If finances are an issue, some attorneys, myself included, will provide a reduced fee based on need. All the best to you and your son.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC Twin Cities Twin Cities To St. Cloud, MN 55404

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search