Minnesota  |  Employment Law

how many hours can an adult work in a day legally? Can your full time employer demand that you can not have a part time job for a temporary duration? Can they look at what is done outside of work time and hold you accountable if not effecting your current job performance?

Answered on: 10/11/13, 2:56 pm by Tricia Dwyer

Hello. I suggest you study the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry online materials as a starting point. More details would need to be known about your specific job and your agreements (which may be oral or written) with your employer. More detail would need to be know about what it is in your personal life which your employer is scrutinizing. Generally speaking, yes, in certain contexts and with respect to certain matters, such conduct on the party of an employer may be of an illegal nature. Do confer with an attorney privately as to your personal legal issues and needs; she/he will be happy to advise you. You may contact me as to the possiblity of forming an arrangement for assistance.

Tricia Dwyer Esq

Ph 612-296-9666

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC

Minnesota Employment Law

Human Rights Law

Discrimination Law

Civil Law

Criminal Law

Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC Twin Cities Twin Cities To St. Cloud, MN 55404