Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in Minnesota

if someone knowingly gives you a std what are my rights

Asked on 5/04/13, 9:51 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Donald Kohler Donald W. Kohler, Attorney at Law
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

The short answer is you have a possible civil claim for damages against the person. Also, there is a Minnesota Statute that makes it a criminal offense.

There is a statute of limitations that applies to the civil claim and, also, possibly the criminal charges. You should contact an attorney as soon as possible to discuss your possible claims and the applicable statute of limitations.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/13, 10:09 am
Tricia Dwyer Tricia Dwyer Esq & Assoc PLLC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Hello. I urge you seek attorney help now. Based on what you stated, you may have the basis for a personal injury action against the person who gave you the sexually transmitted disease (STD). Minnesota criminal law contains provisions related to STD's. There are time deadlines in law related to this sort of legal matter and if you do not abide by those time limitations you would lose your right to pursue legal action. All the best.

Read more
Answered on 5/04/13, 2:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in Minnesota

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Find a Legal Form

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now