Missouri  |  Business Law

I was misrepresented by a sales person that lied to me and got me to sign a 4 year lease with a leasing company for a CC machine. I had no idea I was signing a lease. Now, the leasing company is trying to hold me to the signed contract and states that the Sales Rep. did not represent them in any way. They basically don't care how I got into the lease, just that they have a signed lease. Can they legally say that the sales rep. did not represent them? Also, can they hold me to the lease if I was lied to about the whole deal?

Answered on: 2/09/10, 7:57 am by Anthony DeWitt

You may have defenses to their claim, but that's not something I can answer over the computer because I have not seen the lease agreement nor do I fully understand how things were misrepresented. You need to see a lawyer, take the agreement in to him/her, and have the lawyer give you an answer based on that agreement.

Good luck,

Bartimus, Frickleton Robertson & Gorny, PC 715 Swifts Highway Jefferson City, MO 65109