Missouri  |  Family Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/17/13, 5:57 am

I am the custodial parent for my child. My son's father and I have a parenting plan that states that we are to choose his childcare together. My ex has now started claiming that if I am ever late to pick up our child that he will be dropping him off with an unknown baby sitter and will not be returning our child to me until he has time to go back to the sitter and pick up our son. He is refusing to tell me who the sitter is or where they are located. I have never been late and it is not an issue, however, is he in contempt of court for either refusing to tell me where my child's sitter is or for refusing to give me my son when his parenting time is over if I am later than he would like?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/18/13, 3:24 am by Anthony Smith

Obviously, it is important to be on time with regards to the transfer or exchange of children. But, mere tardiness alone may kit be grounds to secret a child grim the other parent. If he does so, you van file a Motion your the Court to find him UN contempt of the parenting and custody Order. You should prevent this stretto by being prompt.

Good luck

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

LawSmith P.O. Box 2336 Lee's Summit, MO 64063

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

209 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search