Legal Question in Credit and Debt Law in Nevada

My husband visited the ER for an ear infection. We knew he had been having this infection for some time, we were simply concerned about water or puss in the ear. He felt he just could not take the pain any longer. We checked him in and stayed only about an hour. A doctor took a look in his ear, told us "Yep, that is what it is." He gave him a tablet of some sort of pain reliever, a prescription for pain relievers and sent us on our way. My husband believed to have medical insurance, but found out it was no longer active. We were charged by the hospital 271 for the doctor, which we promptly paid. We found out we now owe them 990 for the ER room visit. I would like to depute this charge. I have called and asked for paperwork to do so, but they have told me the account will continue to move forward and we could end up being passed to collections. Is there anything I can do to stop the account moving forward? Is there anything I could do to fight this charge? Over 1000 for an infection we knew he had? We were there less than an hour, and this doctor did nothing. Please help.

Asked on 7/10/13, 5:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Otto David Otto & Affiliates, PC
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

My advice is to try and negotiate the charge. Write and, or call the hospital billing department. Tell them the charge is excessive. Ask them to pay a lesser amount which you believe you could pay in full. They may accept less if paid in full and final settlement of the account.

Read more
Answered on 7/10/13, 6:30 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Credit, Debt and Collections Law questions and answers in Nevada

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Credit, Debt and Collections Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Barry SteinDe Cardenas, Freixas, Stein & ZacharyMiami, FL
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now