Nevada  |  Credit and Debt Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 7/10/13, 5:38 am

My husband visited the ER for an ear infection. We knew he had been having this infection for some time, we were simply concerned about water or puss in the ear. He felt he just could not take the pain any longer. We checked him in and stayed only about an hour. A doctor took a look in his ear, told us "Yep, that is what it is." He gave him a tablet of some sort of pain reliever, a prescription for pain relievers and sent us on our way. My husband believed to have medical insurance, but found out it was no longer active. We were charged by the hospital 271 for the doctor, which we promptly paid. We found out we now owe them 990 for the ER room visit. I would like to depute this charge. I have called and asked for paperwork to do so, but they have told me the account will continue to move forward and we could end up being passed to collections. Is there anything I can do to stop the account moving forward? Is there anything I could do to fight this charge? Over 1000 for an infection we knew he had? We were there less than an hour, and this doctor did nothing. Please help.

1 Answer

Answered on: 7/10/13, 6:30 am by David Otto

My advice is to try and negotiate the charge. Write and, or call the hospital billing department. Tell them the charge is excessive. Ask them to pay a lesser amount which you believe you could pay in full. They may accept less if paid in full and final settlement of the account.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

David Otto & Affiliates, PC 1433 North Jones Blvd. Las Vegas, NV 89108

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

130 Answers given in the last few hours.

8627 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search