Nevada  |  Legal Ethics

I am a distributor for a toy company. My territory is the State of Nevada.

The president of the company has taken a booth at the up coming souvinar

show being held in my territory. He has told me the booth is small and he will not allow me to sell in the booth in my own protected territory.

Without argument the President is just an awful idiot.

My question:

Can during the first day of the show and have him served with a cease and disist order and have his booth shut down?

Thanks

Mark Green

Answered on: 8/26/13, 9:29 am by Rick Williams

What a terrific plan for getting yourself fired from your employment by this company! If that is what you want, I am sure this approach will work wonderfully.

Sarcasm aside, if you have the President of your employer's company served with a legal notice telling him that he can't sell at a trade show in your territory, I am sure he can readily find a new distributor who will be a bit more cooperative. Maybe you could ask him if you are entitled to a cut of profits from all sales in your territory (do you even have a contract that would specify such terms?) and offer to work the booth with him.

You'll catch more flies with honey on this one - whether the boss is an awful idiot or not.

Law Offices of Frederick D. (Rick) Williams, Chtd. 5515 Wedekind Rd Sparks, NV 89431-1147