New York  |  Civil Rights Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 5/04/13, 7:11 pm

My former lawyer is threatening to file harassment charges against me & keeps stating he will go to the police to get an order of protection against me. I called him re requesting a refund; he kept hanging up on me. i waited awhile & then called him again. i gave him over $10,000 because i believed him when he told me he had filed many written motions for my case, requests for hearings, etc. i found out from court, after my case was dismissed after 1 yr when the "complaining witness" never showed, that no motions were submitted on my case, no requests for hearings, there was nothing submitted. When I found out & called him, he got angry and cruel, refusing to speak to me or refund me. I wanted to give him the benefit & courtesy by talking to him directly but he is refusing & threatening me

1 Answer

Answered on: 5/14/13, 9:05 pm by Paula McGill

If he doesn't want to talk with you, you may consider filing a charge with the bar.

Find out more at

Also licensed and practicing in New York (New York City, Westchester, and Long Island)

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Attorney at Law 1100 Peachtree Street, NE, Suite 200 Atlanta, GA 30309

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

70 Answers given in the last few hours.

86611 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search