North Carolina  |  Bankruptcy

Completing 2004 ch. 7 meeting of creditors

In 2004 I was going through a personal crisis and missed my pro se chapter 7 meeting of creditors. It was dismissed without prejudice. If only I'd gone to the darned meeting my debts would have been discharged. Under the new BR law, can I reopen the old ch. 7 to finish it? I do have one new debt...a $120,000 judgment for second mortgage holder RBC Centura; Regions (first mortgage bank) sold my house in foreclosure for about $200,000 below market value and RBC sued me. I have nothing but a $200 car and my $400 per month SSI, but I need to get out from under the judgment so I can try to start rebuilding my life.

Thank you so much for any advice.

Lily

Answered on: 2/08/08, 12:52 pm by Craig Lane

Re: Completing 2004 ch. 7 meeting of creditors

This is going to depend on the judgment of your local bankruptcy judge. My guess is that you will have to file a new case, rather than reopening the old one. Contact a local bankruptcy attorney for more specific advice.

Craig Lane Law 1824 East 7th Street Charlotte, NC 28204