North Carolina  |  Bankruptcy

Legal Question

Asked on: 11/14/07, 1:12 pm

freezing of checking or savings account

can a judgment against me freeez my savings account. this is for unsecured dept only.

1 Answer

Answered on: 11/14/07, 1:17 pm by Craig Lane

Re: freezing of checking or savings account

If an unsecured creditor gets a judgment against you, then that creditor can have your bank freeze your account and transfer the money (up to the amount of the debt) to the creditor.

A bankruptcy filing can stop this.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Craig Lane Law 1824 East 7th Street Charlotte, NC 28204

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

125 Answers given in the last few hours.

8663 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search