North Carolina  |  Employment Law

Legal Question

Asked on: 9/12/13, 8:11 pm

I placed notice of resignation with my employer upon receiving an Offer of Employment letter from another company. This new company then rescinded their offer after I quit my job. Now I have no job, and a 4 year old to support. Their stated reason was a pending DUI case on my driving record. While I understand the reason, an offer letter should have never been extended to me. What legal recourse do I have?

1 Answer

Answered on: 9/13/13, 4:34 pm by Kenneth Love

See an employment attorney in your area. This is difficult as normally I would say you have claims...but if the offer was contingent upon a clean record, they have a defense.

Did you find this answer helpful?

0 Users found this answer helpful.

0 Attorneys agree with this answer.

Ken Love Law 3410 Healy Drive Winston Salem, NC 27103

Other answers from this attorney

Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask an Attorney!

Get answers from the top Attorneys
Ask Question

115 Answers given in the last few hours.

8662 Active attorneys ready to answer your question

Search Past Answers:
  Advanced Search