North Carolina  |  Personal Injury

in December 2012 I was injured on my job. I am currently out of work and collecting workers compensation benefits. this is a work related accident due to equipment failure and a lack of a safety device on the trailer doors of work vehichle. my compensation attorney says that I have no recourse against my employer, is this true?

Answered on: 5/21/13, 9:18 am by Brent Adams

More information is necessary to give you an accurate answer. Have you been out of work since your injury? Did you receive medical treatment right away and inform your treating physician that your condition was a result of your work environment? There are other factors consider too, such as whether or not your employer has or is required to have (depending on the size of the company) workers' comp insurance.

Brent Adams & Associates NC Personal Injury Lawyers 3200 Wake Forest Road, Suite 275 Raleigh, NC 27609