Legal Question in Business Law in Ohio

quiting partnership

I am an office holder in a C corp and my partner has turned out to be a lazy bum who threatens the business. I want out. How can I turn over my interest in this aborted business to him?

Asked on 1/09/07, 2:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Joseph Jacobs The Jacobs Legal Group
0 users found helpful
0 attorneys agreed

Re: quiting partnership

I cant tell if this is a partnership or a corporation. If it is a partnership, it's over the minute you want it to be, and all of assets are divided. If it is a corporation, then we look to the rules as set forth in the Articles Of Incorporation. Generally, you can negotiate your way out of this, but if you both do not agree, then you have to sue him and a jury determines your value or share of the corp.

Read more
Answered on 1/11/07, 5:06 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Business Law questions and answers in Ohio

Looking for something else?

Get Free Legal Advice

88953 active attorneys ready to answer your legal questions today.

Business Law Legal Forms

Browse and download our attorney-prepared and up-to-date legal forms from $4.99

Find a Legal Form

Featured Attorneys

Anthony SmithLawSmithLee's Summit, MO
Rahul Manchanda, Esq.Manchanda Law Office PLLCNew York, NY
Glen AshmanAshman Law OfficeAtlanta, GA
Find An Attorney

Are you an Attorney?

Earn additional revenue and grow your business. Join LawGuru Now