Pennsylvania  |  Employment Law

worked at company 10 years. new executive director position created and filled by 27 year old family member of board of directors without posting. 4 days later my position was eliminated without cause other than "reorganization" previously when office position was eliminated a severence package was offered. I also have 136.5 hours of vacation on the books and on my paystubs including my last paystub that was processed by new person in office. I have made several requests asking for status of my severence, my PTO hours, my Simple IRA contribution due by the company and my insurance information. it has been over 2 weeks and i have not received any reply?

Answered on: 9/03/13, 8:43 am by Solomon Weinstein

I would suggest you speak with an attorney versed in employment law. You do not indicate what the work situation was prior to your termination. You also do not indicate your age. perhaps you have the basis of an age discrimination case. In any event I think review with an attorney would be an appropriate course.

Solomon Weinstein, Esquire 1032 Millcreek drive Feasterville, PA 19053